Thursday, January 18, 2007

Thrifting = good

There are no good local yarn shops in this place but the thrift stores are something to behold. I've found that there are more than ten within a ten-mile radius, and for now the gettin's good. Today, I spent about $10 on two full skeins of non-wal-mart yarn, some hand-spun yarn (un-identified fibers, but very dye-able and possible candidate for a full-size clapotis) a few notions, some patterns and more than five full yards of fabric. Oh yeah: and some ties--lots of men's ties. If you add the awesome coffee and tea cups I found, that total comes to a whopping $10.50. Can you beat it? Some of the fabric even has TEXT!




















I've decided to become a collector of this type of coffee cup. I posted some a LOOONG time ago that I got for 35c at the flea market in Charlotte (they're pictured with the oven mit, of course). I love the shape and uniqueness about them.

In the last few days I've come to discover that the only thing better than one stay-at-home day is another day off to follow.

4 Comments:

Blogger Betty said...

I've got the opposite problem. LYS are good but thrift stores are blah.

Those are some great finds!

10:37 AM, January 18, 2007  
Blogger Jennifer Coomer said...

I HEART THOSE MUGS! I think way back when we (okay, my parents) had mugs or some type of dishes that looked like that. We moved a lot so there was lots of purging in order to save on moving costs.

10:52 AM, January 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just surfing by (from the Mason-Dixon KAL page...those coffee mugs cracked me up...my parents had those exact mugs and I loved 'em! Fun to see that they're still out there somewhere...
Lisa in Oregon

3:16 PM, January 18, 2007  
Blogger Jennifer Coomer said...

I’m tagging you to do a meme that you can find on my blog. It’s going to be an on going one. You are invited to answer as many of the daily questions at you like.

4:07 PM, January 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home