Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Finished!

Check this one off the list! DS Quilt esta terminado! :) Hooray!






















Purchased the fabric in May 2006. Started it sometime in June. Got all the way to the binding and cut it too short to join. Gave up on it for a while and kept it in mind... Scared of binding.... Didn't like the idea of hand-sewing the binding. Decided I didn't like the way it was quilted (stitched in the ditch originally) and frogged the quilted part and binding. Re-quilted it today. Found an awesome tutorial online (thanks, MOM!!) for binding hand-made napkins and applied it to my quilt (thanks, Molly at PurlBee!). Added a little bit of fabric to make the binding long enough to join then sewed it up! And so, there ya go. A finished FIRST quilt for me! Many more to come.

Soon as I figure out what to bind the mocha quilt with, it will be done too.

The stay-at-home day did me some good today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Holy crap! That turned out great! You have inspired me....I have a small wall quilt that has been neatly packed away for close to a year because of the dreaded....
Binding...uggh.
Yours is soooo beautiful. The colors are fantastic. Great job.
And how much do I looooove that pup? Such a cutie.

10:11 AM, January 17, 2007  
Blogger Jennifer Coomer said...

I'm very proud of you. Good work! And I love that fabric. The colors are great!

10:50 AM, January 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home