Friday, December 15, 2006

Luck

A couple of things about luck:
When it comes to weather, the lottery, any sort of contest, or little special things I like to keep close to me, I have NO luck--EVER. B continually tells me I have the worst luck of ANYONE he knows. (That's bad.) Occasionally, I'll have OK luck finding what I'm looking for in stores, etc., but most often the bad luck finds me by making sure the store (office, service center, whatever) is CLOSED when I arrive. I have SOME luck SOMETIMES, but not often. It's like a sick game God likes to play with me. Apparently, patience is a virtue.

Hence, this post.

Good news first. (Let's be optimistic today, shall we?)
I made a (second) trip to the little thrift shop that benefits animal rescue in this area, just to see if they had anything good. At first I was not pleased. I found some cloth napkins that looked brand new that I might be able to use in a quilting project or something... Then I turned and found they had a huge bin of vintage fabric! And old feed sacks!! (On a side note, this place really is like living in another era...) No repros here! This is the real deal. Now, granted: Not ALL of it is vintage. There were some pieces from the 70s and 80s in there. Not a problem. I'll just donate those that I didn't like back to the shop. Here's a couple of shots of the goods and a preview of what I'm doing with the feedsacks--yes, there are SIX of them! So many ideas, so little time.
















Just my luck: Blogger won't let me post any additional pictures... Oh well.
The CONE of yarn just so happens to be Elmore-Pisgah's 100% cotton (Mason-Dixon Knitting, Hello?) and it was only $1!

So: the rest of the story goes like this. My ipod? Yes. It died. I've had it for three? months... Now I have all this fabric and other goodies but the element that brings it all together is gone. Back to CD's for me, I guess. For a while at least... I never get a break....

4 Comments:

Blogger Cajun Cutie said...

Did you call the apple help line? They may replace your ipod for free. A friend had hers replaced. Sorry you have had such bad luck. I love my ipod and I really hope they can do something for yours.

11:46 PM, December 15, 2006  
Blogger Dharmafey said...

Congratulations!!

7:47 AM, December 16, 2006  
Blogger Sittin-and-Knittin said...

The Apple store is very helpful! You should have a full one year warranty on your ipod too!
You can also check the website at apple.com for support. We have 4 ipods in this house and have had to get help with 2 of them. Good Luck!!

2:25 PM, December 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw maaan - I only ever find wintuk or skeins of half used red heart. You are lucky. And especially because it that was a new ipod, you'll get it fixed or replaced. And feedsacks...lucky duck indeed.

9:35 AM, December 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home