Wednesday, January 24, 2007

edredón de mocha es terminado!!

Mocha quilt is finished! :) Hooray! For days and days I pondered the possibilities of the binding fabric... Why not just bind with the backing fabric once and a while? Nothing else seemed right.

Finito:















The finished size is only 34 x 42". I intended for it to be a lap quilt. Me gustalo muchisimo! :)















I have also been dying yarn with Kool-Aid. The color is nowhere NEAR as dark as I wanted it to be, so I'm breakin' out the Rit Dye... We'll show that yarn a thing or two! Here's the Kool-Aid stained yarn:













I used cherry with a dash of grape to get this color. It's possible I should have used two packs of the cherry Kool Aid per skein, but who knew? It's my first try. I got four skeins of this mystery yarn during my thrifting adventure this week. IT WAS $1!!! FOUR SKEINS!! There's a lot of yardage, and I'm pretty sure it's pure lamb's wool that someone spun... The original color looks just like sheep. :)

Anyway, I'm still sticking to the Finishing Act of January 2007 for now. (but I did manage to sneak in a pair of one-hour booties for my bestest-ever friend...) heehee

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo! Quilt is lovely! Love the binding!

Interesting dye job. :)

Ma

7:22 PM, January 24, 2007  
Blogger Betty said...

I like how the yarn turned out. The quilt is fantastic!

6:17 AM, January 25, 2007  
Blogger Amanda said...

I hope you are happy with yourself, you have inspired me to start a quilt...and I need another hobby like I need another hole in my head! Seriously, your quilt is georgous, the backing is perfect!

9:05 AM, January 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home