Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Please do not feed or agitate the alligators?

I went to lunch at Quiznos on my break from work expressly for purposes of taking a photo of this sign that makes me laugh every time I see it.
















When I first started going to Quiznos a few months ago, I asked the girl who worked there if this sign was a joke. She replied, "no, there's two of them that live out there," as if this was a ridiculous question. Of course, the time I would go to take a picture of the sign there would just HAVE to be spanish moss on it but you get the idea. I have yet to see such alligators until I took this photo today.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a bump in the water behind the sign... You can see it WAY in the back of this photo.















So I walked over to see if I could get a closer look (and/or photo) and there he was! A real-life alligator! Where am I??? What is this place???















I guess his friend was jealous about all the photos so he came over to get some of the action... His friend??? There are two??? .Oh.my.god.















And so the point of this story: I live in the jungle.

So far this summer I have seen owls, various fish, seagulls that will eat pringles right out of your hand, DOLPHINS at close range, snakes in my yard, ducks, SCARY spiders that look like the cast of Arachnaphopia, bright green tree frogs, turtles, pelicans, GIANT cockroaches (excuse me, palmetto-bugs), racoons, jellyfish, B allegedly got stung by a sting ray and now alligators--real alligators--live where I get my lunch. Great.

Lots more pictures to come. Dad got his favorite daughter a brand new Olympus Stylus 710, 7.1 megapixel digital camera! :) Hooray! I've taken over 80 photos today! No more uploading from the cell phone at 40 cents each... Thanks, Dad (and mom!)! THIS CAMERA IS AWESOME!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! You must move away from that place!! Or, at least, find a Subway. ;) Apparently, the gators liked having their pictures taken. :D Please try not to agitate them. :P
-Ma

12:36 PM, September 27, 2006  
Blogger Crystal said...

I just randomly came across your blog, but reading this post, you must live in Louisiana!

1:01 AM, October 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like the wilds of the Sunshine State to me. That's my guess anyways; based on not only the critters and crawlers but the drivers as well. LOL! Really nice work on the scarf. Wear it proudly on one of our balmy winter mornings:)

10:13 PM, November 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home