Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Quickie about Bugs

This posting is rated R for language content (mom). Sensitive? Don't read this one...

Bugs. This place is full of fucking bugs and other creepy-ass shit. Here's a run-down of the last month for me, as insidious as it is:

Early October: Huge spider on the wall in bedroom
Mid October: HUGE-ass ROACH got on ME, sent me into a mental tailspin
Late October: Weird salamander-thing on the front porch (strange but kinda nice actually...)

Today: Tick on my sweet baby's head!!

I must pat myself on the back: I personally pulled a tick off a very scary growling Mr. Roosevelt without batting an eye. Just got the tweezers, and after a few very tense moments, I got that fucker off! (We threw a party afterwards--just him and me.) Progress=this all went down with no biting and no tears.


Go momma, go momma, go!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why were you up at 4 AM? :D Your "salamander" may have been a skink. Was it striped? They're pretty cool. We used to see them in Fernandina all the time.
You're a trip.....You and your bugs.
-Ma

11:40 AM, November 03, 2006  
Blogger TheSteph said...

It was not a skink. I know, I've seen them before... This was a weird-ass salamander. It had dots--almost diamond-shaped.

11:30 PM, November 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home