Sunday, February 05, 2006

SuperBowl, Schmooper Bowl

When I was a kid, I never understood why my dad, grandpa, and uncles would all get up and scream over the stupid football games. Who cares about how far the ball can be thrown by a stinky, probably mentally-incompetent, over-muscular guy? Why do they like it when the super-sweaty guys run into each other, probably causing brain damage? Why does the act of watching such on the box make them go out and buy chips, peanuts and beer? Why do grocery sales go up at least $50K during the week of the super bowl? Isn't there something more intellectually stimulating to be doing? I'm sure we could find at least one or two... I will probably never get it.

Anyway, my yarn should be here any day now. I got the "your order has been shipped" email Friday! Woo Hoo! At least there is one thing I can look forward to! :) No football for me, thanks. I've got knitting to do.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha... I went to Sheila's Football Widow's Pajama Party at Threaded Bliss! :) Eli fixed my scarf for me...in no time. Whew! You woulda had fun. Lotsa knitters there. Sheila and Rudy said hey. :)

Ma

9:31 PM, February 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home